10 INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT THE DALLAS COWBOYS
The Dallas Cowboys are one of the most iconic teams in all of sports. The Cowboys have had a very successful history in the National Football League. Here are 10 interesting facts about the Dallas Cowboys:
1) The Dallas Cowboys were established in 1960 as an expansion team. While other teams came from the AFL and other leagues, the Dallas Cowboys were the first true-born expansion team. In 1960, Dallas welcomed the Cowboys to their city and never looked back. Now, the Cowboys are one of the most iconic franchises in the history of sports.
2) The Dallas Cowboys have won the Super Bowl five times. They won Super Bowl VI, XII, XXVII, XXVIII, and XXX.
3) The Dallas Cowboys have played in the playoffs in 33 different seasons. These years include: 1966-1973, 1975-1983, 1985, 1991-1996, 1998, 1999, 2003, 2006, 2007, 2009, 2014, 2016, and 2018.
4) In 1990, the Cowboys began a streak of 160 sold-out regular and post-season games. This included 79 straight sellouts at their former home, Texas Stadium, and 81 straight sell-outs on the road.
5) The Cowboys are the only team in NFL history to record 20 straight winning seasons: 1966-1985.
6) The Dallas Cowboys have several different nicknames, including America’s Team, Doomsday Defense, The Boys and Big D.
7) The Dallas Cowboys are the wealthiest team in the NFL, with an estimated value of approximately $5.5 billion. They generate almost $840 million in annual revenue.
8) The Dallas Cowboys do not play their games in Dallas. Instead, they currently play their home games in Arlington, Texas.
9) The team mascot is Rowdy. Rowdy has been the Cowboys’ official mascot since 1996. His tenure overlapped with that of Crazy Ray who was the unofficial mascot of the Cowboys from 1962 until his death in 2007.
10) The current owner, president, and general manager is Jerry Jones, an American billionaire businessman.
Event: Dallas Cowboys vs. Minnesota Vikings
Date and Time: Sunday, November 10th, 2019 – 7:20 PM
Location: AT&T Stadium, Arlington, TX
Stay at the Comfort Suites Hotel in Grand Prairie to attend the game between Dallas Cowboys and Minnesota Vikings
Welcome to the brand-new Comfort Suites hotel in Grand Prairie – a hotel near Grand Prairie City Hall.
This centrally located all-suites hotel is perfect for your next family getaway to DFW and features all–new guest rooms and amenities.
Comfort Suites Grand Prairie is 6.6 miles from AT&T Stadium.
The Comfort Suites Grand Prairie is located equidistant between DFW Airport and all of Arlington’s major attractions including AT & T Stadium, Traders Village, Six Flags over Texas, Six Flags Ripley’s Believe It or Not and more.
Comments are closed.